Due: March 14th at 11:59pm
Thank you for applying to the Ohio FLAME (For Liberation And Movement Escalation) Program! The 🔥FLAME program🔥 is a collaboration between the Ohio Student Association, the Foundation for Civic Leadership, and the Ayni Training Institute. The purpose of the program is to provide financial support and strategic guidance to student leaders in Ohio, and bring together a network of student activists for a mass training on April 24th. Our goal is to provide you with training and strategic support from national and statewide social movement leaders to help you spark a social movement.
Want to start a creative and innovative movement for social change? Here's how 🔥FLAME🔥 can help:
1. Mass training on 'How to Spark a Social Movement' on April 24th.
2. Strategic support workshops on community organizing skills taught by experienced activists.
3. Mini-grants (up to $1,000) to help get your movement off the ground.
4. The opportunity to come together with other student organizers to collaborate and share ideas.
Applicants will be notified of the acceptance of their grant award as noted in the schedule below. Applicants are welcome to contact the Foundation for Civic Leadership to determine the status of their grant if they have not been notified promptly by emailing us at email@example.com.
**If you would like to submit all or part of your application by video (does not need to be professional), please send to your video file to firstname.lastname@example.org **
Review Schedule 2016
Application Deadline: 3/14/16 at 11:59 pm
Review Board Meeting: 3/15/16
Notification Date: 3/18/16
Meeting with strategic support team and selected groups: 3/25/16
If accepted to the program you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet with our strategic support team so we can work with you to refine the project.
- Attend a reception with the other groups in the program to share what you’re working on.
- Attend a mass training on April 24th led by national social movement leaders.
- Choose trainings that may be helpful to your project or organization.
- Provide input to help us improve the training program for future years.
- Meet with the strategic support team after the project to evaluate the project and discuss lessons learned.
If accepted to the program you will be required to:
- Keep track of all original receipts from the project and submit them along with a final self-evaluation, which includes a final budget and written questions, within 30 days after the event/project has ended.
- Return to the Foundation for Civic Leadership any unspent funds that were allocated to the project. You are encouraged to estimate your event’s budget as closely as possible to actual cost.